We are now accepting Haiku, Tanka, Science, and Nature Poetry submissions to our site. It seems there’s a shortage of websites, and literary journals for that matter, that accept and encourage these types of poetry, which saddens us deeply.
We’re also on the lookout for any similarly themed art. This includes photography, drawings, recordings, and anything else in-between. So if you have material that doesn’t quite ‘fit’ into a category, that’s OK.
Articles and essays related to nature, wildlife, or science are welcome too.
Unfortunately, we cannot pay you anything at present, and we do not guarantee publication. However, we will consider all submissions carefully.
Traditional (5-7-5 Haiku, 5-7-5-7-7 Tanka) and free-form styles are both fine. We try to keep an open mind.
What we want:
- Any Haiku, Tanka, or other form of micro-poetry.
- Any length Nature/Environmental themed poetry.
- Any Science or Technology themed poetry.
- Art, video, or photographs.
- Articles and essays about any aspect of nature, science, or the environment.
As the author, you keep all rights to your work, and can request its removal at anytime. We reserve the right to promote it via social media, email etc.
So, if you have any Haiku sitting around without a home…
Send them to: email@example.com
- Paste poem(s) or other written material in the body of the email, along with the name you wish it credited to. Send images as attachments.
- Please include ‘Submission’ in the subject line.
- Expect an ‘accepted’ or ‘declined’ email within about a month.
You can direct any questions to the same address.
Kate Alsbury | Editor